Login |  Register

[ 20 posts ] 

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Still checking in now & then. It's growing slowly

Hi every body
Dagger

Top Top

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:24 am

HI we are new here too and we are looking forward to making new friends and gettting help for older GB travelers and it feels good . We have not taken any long trips yets but we are planing a few.
Happy trails to you all
Bon

Top Top

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Welcome Bon ....... There are a few of us who stop by frequently, and there have been several other newbies recently ... ( truthfully we're all pretty newbie ) ... so we look forward to hearing from you now and then. What type unit do you have?

GB Suite

Top Top

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 am

Welcome Bon. Thanks for joining up and I'd like to hear about your trip experiences. In a couple of weeks we'll be taking our 'ol girl out literally down the road at our local campsite. We have tons of fun with it. I hope to do a rustic experience with it this year and teach CPR out of it. I teach CPR and stuff since 1997. A while ago there was an article about a retired couple teaching like that at the site. I keep in touch with them. They are full timers.
Rick

Top Top

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi Bon! Welcome.

I'm a fairly new member myself. I am encouraged to see new posts and people responding more now. I hope it continues - I have so much to learn from everyone. Anyway - welcome - I look forward to hearing from you about your travels.

Robbie :D
01 BG "The Suite"
Howe, TX

Top Top

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi ,everybody , I have been a member of this site for 3 days , this is my 3rd post !
I'm not sure if I post on the right page or not , so everyone will just have to check
and let me know if I need to change. :oops:

We don't do much camping when the weather is this hot , it's 97 here now . :(
So I check out the websites .

I love fishing in the river here , putting out bush hooks and the supprise of finding out
what is on the line when we go back and check them . It's usually a big catfish .
Onetime it was a 24 lb. catfish , with a 4 lb. catfish in his stomach , the fins were sticking out through the skin . :o
I have a great since of humor !
carahsue

Top Top

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 am

Hi all (***waving). I've been away due to a family situation, but I'm back. I learned alot in my first several months of being an RV owner.

1) Maiden voyages are bound to be an experience if your coach is not new - AAA Plus for RV was a huge savior
2) Expect the unexpected - just cause it works now doesn't mean it will work in 15 minutes.
3) A local RV parts house is invaluable - parts for these units are not always available. Finding someone who will research for you is important.
4) And the most important lesson - just relax, have fun, and laugh it off. I'm anxiously awaiting my next year.

Top Top

Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Eeeks, dont anyone go away, yet. We are retiring in the next 6 months and I am sure that we will be on much more...for support and some laughs..hope to sometime meet some of you on the road...I appreciate the help from dagger and am looking forward to spending MY kids inheritance also...suite!!! Our landau has been mainly traveling to western Kentucky to see the grandkids, and Florida to get warm. Of course, because we are michiganders, we spend time around the mitten and our favorite UP. If you havent made a trip to Michigan's upper...do it soon...you wont regret it. Great folks, beautiful scenery...and the prices are more resonable than in the mitten...take care and stay with us...Chrissy

Top Top

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Not going anywhere, it is summer so spending most of my time outside doing things around the house & also working on the motorhome making changes and upgrades
and oil changes and all that good stuff. always checking out the site to see if anything new is happenig. Well injoy the rest of the summer because winter is just around the
corner.
Dagger :)

Top Top

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Have had our 2000 GB Cruise Master 2 years now and still learning...we JUST found out how to REALLY use our inverter/charger and I kick the rug thinking how much LP we have wasted in 2 years running the gen constantly...oh well. We finally got out of the NW/Rocky Mtn area and are in NC staying in a friend's yard for the winter. Lots to see around here and I am anxious to explore.

We are going to try and fix our broken slideout ourselves with the help of our friend. The roller is either broken or frozen and is cutting the tin on the bottom of the slide. So I need to look around this site and try to find out who manufactured the slide so we can find the correct roller. That is the hardest part of this site...finding where to look for help...but then the web isn't much easier either!

Top Top
 [ 20 posts ]