Login |  Register

[ 7 posts ] 

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:19 pm

While RVikng the last 2 weeks, our Hot Water Heater sprung a leak. I'm interested in getting a tankles heater. Anyone know of what I can do? Will one fit in the space?
BTW, I Love my Georgie Boy. :D

Top Top

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:30 am

I don't have a tankless WH. I know two who do and one swears by it. The other can't stand it. So I suspect it is a preference thing.

Where is it leaking from? It may be a simple fix unless the tank has split.

Top Top

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:02 pm

I checked with Camper World, but they said they had one that would probably fit, but needed to see the RV. We drove the 45 miles to their store, only to be told that it isn't one that goes in the hole. it put on the outside. That is the second tinme I have gone there, only to find out that they don't have what I needed, even though they said they did. Probably won't be dealing with them again for anything.

I appreciate your response. If your frineds have one, can you ask them to drop me a line to see what model they have?

Thanks again,

Rick & Cyn thia
richajac@gmail.com

Top Top

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:05 am

I am 2 for 8 in my attempts at CW. I started using PPL in Texas and they actually know what they are talking about. I have only been sent the wrong part once and they fixed it immediately. I'm not in any way shape or form connected with PPL other than being very satisfied with their service.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-w ... heater.htm

It is a relatively simple installation. Some dealers want you to think it is rocket science but while you must respect LPG don't fear it.

Top Top

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:31 am

Speaking of hot water, i'm in it with the hubby. I took a quick shower yesterday and turned the hot water switch on next to the stove and also the one that lights up in our bath. Noticed a smell when I got out and turned the bath one off right away. Dave noticed some soot outside the bath later. Does anyone know what the hot water switch in the bath is. We have an 04 Landau. I was thinking maybe that was for gas and the other electric. Or are there two heaters? The book only mentions the switch on the control panel. Anyway that one(the bath switch) at this moment equates to eves apple and I took a bite. If anyone can get me out of hot water, I would appreciate it...and since we got soot, do you think it did damage in the 10 mins it was on? I am banned from touching it but sure would like to know why its there. Thanks chrissy

Top Top

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:09 am

The switch turn on the elements in your hot water tank. Your tank works on gas or electric if you run both it heats the water faster.
I have 2004 Georgie Boy Landau.

Top Top

Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks, dagger. Perhaps the soot was from nonuse? I had mentioned to him that the switch might be the gas. So I didn't hurt anything using it, maybe. I just noticed a smell and he said that there was soot outside of the compartment...perhaps it needs cleaning or maintainance. Thanks again, we just bought this unit in February and are still learning the ins and outs. Sure like it better than our previous unit, a hurricane. We plan to take a long trip to celebrate our retirement after the first of the year. Hopefully, we will have it under control by then.

Top Top
 [ 7 posts ]