Login |  Register

[ 7 posts ] 

Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:30 pm

We have a 1999 cruise master and I cannot fit totally into the small opening to access the water bypass valves properly to see if they are open or not.seem to have hot water for a few seconds then cold are there any other access openings that anyone knows to see the back of heater.thanks for any help

Top Top

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 pm

Hey Rayjay
That hot water tank has to be accessible from the interior of the MH somewhere. I took a look at the 1999 Cruisemaster manual, and unfortunately it didn't mention the location of the tank. Our 2001 hot water tank is under the refrigerator, and there are three valves for bypassing the tank. Seems odd that you would get hot water for a few seconds only, unless the line is being heated by some other appliance.
If you don't have a manual, you can get one at www.coachmenrv.com

Good lick
Jonh

Top Top

Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:14 pm

rayjay wrote:
We have a 1999 cruise master and I cannot fit totally into the small opening to access the water bypass valves properly to see if they are open or not.seem to have hot water for a few seconds then cold are there any other access openings that anyone knows to see the back of heater.thanks for any help

pretty new to this but had problems with my Attwood water heater and while investigating I found a access hatch on bottom of coach below water heater area ,opened it and there were a few shut off valves in it......mines 94 swinger

Top Top
  Profile  YIM 

Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:43 am

I lucked out on mine. I open the compartment door behind the water heater crawl in a bit and it is on my right.

I agree with John in that something else is probably heating a bit of the water line, giving you enough hot water to make you mad.

Top Top

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:21 pm

Thank you all for your help there is an access plate under the floor by the water heater and was exactly what was needed.reached by crawling under flooring still tight but enough room to turn bypass valves. Good job

Top Top

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:21 pm

:D
heavy389 wrote:
rayjay wrote:

pretty new to this but had problems with my Attwood water heater and while investigating I found a access hatch on bottom of coach below water heater area ,opened it and there were a few shut off valves in it......mines 94 swinger

thanks exactly where it was as mentioned guess I should have thought it thru lol

Top Top

Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:45 am

We all have to remember that RVs are designed so an anorexic person under 4' tall who has elbows and knees can bend in the opposite direction of most people can easily work on any of the systems.

I have found that a magic 8 ball will help you locate anything with the part locations as well as anything.

Top Top
 [ 7 posts ]