Login |  Register

[ 6 posts ] 

Wed May 18, 2011 7:26 am

Say it's not so. I love being the first so here it goes. We own "Wood", a 1976 GB that has given us so many memories last camping season. Woody doesn't like to start at gas stations. I do not know much about carburetors so one time I did not give enough gas. Took me 12 times finally it kicked over. Meanwhile I"m calling previous owner we just bought from half hour ago. What a relief. The last time we were up north at a gas station b/c of a loose battery terminal it didn't turn. We towed it all the way home and the wife, kids and dog drove home with in-laws in their Buick Rendezvous. Yep. Now we laugh. But I taught the boys to ride their bikes at the campground and we made an apple pie from scratch the same day.

One time at a gas station I filled it up and heard this horrible trickling sound. I look under and there is gas falling to the ground. Now this is the first time I filled it up full so I was thinking 'oh great a leak'. And to make matters worse a gas attendant who are almost never outside just happened to be there picking up trash. She turned and gasped. I was afraid she call hazmat. As it turned out I investigated and there is a gas overflow at the neck of the tank. I pinched it and stopped it. There are many more stories to come.

Top Top

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:48 pm

cprdude wrote:
Say it's not so. I love being the first so here it goes. We own "Wood", a 1976 GB that has given us so many memories last camping season. Woody doesn't like to start at gas stations. I do not know much about carburetors so one time I did not give enough gas. Took me 12 times finally it kicked over. Meanwhile I"m calling previous owner we just bought from half hour ago. What a relief. The last time we were up north at a gas station b/c of a loose battery terminal it didn't turn. We towed it all the way home and the wife, kids and dog drove home with in-laws in their Buick Rendezvous. Yep. Now we laugh. But I taught the boys to ride their bikes at the campground and we made an apple pie from scratch the same day.

One time at a gas station I filled it up and heard this horrible trickling sound. I look under and there is gas falling to the ground. Now this is the first time I filled it up full so I was thinking 'oh great a leak'. And to make matters worse a gas attendant who are almost never outside just happened to be there picking up trash. She turned and gasped. I was afraid she call hazmat. As it turned out I investigated and there is a gas overflow at the neck of the tank. I pinched it and stopped it. There are many more stories to come.

Ok so that was 2011 and its 2013 now ...wut has happen in the past 2 yrs?? :O)

Top Top
  Profile  YIM 

Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Oh ...... Sorry ..... I guess I dozed off.

Top Top

Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:17 pm

GB Suite wrote:
Oh ...... Sorry ..... I guess I dozed off.

LMAO like Sleepin Beauty?? :lol:

Top Top
  Profile  YIM 

Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:36 pm

1997 Georgieboy Cruisemaster
Just finished a 3093 mile trip from Florida to Boston
I love the floor plan
No slide outs.....
Used 412 gallons of gas
for total vacation...lots of adventures...

Melbourne Florida

Top Top
  Profile  WWW 

Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:32 pm

burdicda wrote:
1997 Georgieboy Cruisemaster
Just finished a 3093 mile trip from Florida to Boston
I love the floor plan
No slide outs.....
Used 412 gallons of gas
for total vacation...lots of adventures...

Melbourne Florida

Just got back from a 3700 mile,$1287 in gas 3 week cruise my self from Jersey to N-NC to N-SC to FT Walton Fl to Ocala Fl to key West ,and back!!

Top Top
  Profile  YIM 
 [ 6 posts ]