Login |  Register

[ 13 posts ] 

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Hello. My husband and I recently purchased a 1992/1993 Georgie Boy Encounter. First thing we did, almost, was break the passenger side turn signal (ran into the neighbors fence backing into the yard). No damage to the fence thankfully. Can anyone tell me where we might find a replacement?

Also, although the coach seems to have been very well maintained, there are NO manuals for anything. I have found info online for the refrigerator and generator and stove and fan, but no luck with the Quasar micro/convection, roof air, and very sorely missed Chassis manual. I have looked at all the places online that I can find that offer manuals of all kinds - they're where I found the others. Any suggestions there?

I have taken it on a three day camping trip, and it handled very nicely. My son-in-law replaced the alternator before I left, and I had no trouble with it at all. Other than the fact that I had never driven anything larger than an extended cab pickup before.... Again, thanks to my son-in-law for the lessons beforehand!

My husband was hoping for a true fuel injected model, not throttle body, with gas prices on the rise. We sold a Roadtrek that got 13-16 mpg, but was only 21' long. Too tight for full-time. We still have no idea what kind of mileage we will get with this, especially towing - a PT Cruiser on a dolly. Can anyone tell me what the norm is?

Well, that's pretty chatty of me for a quick hello! Glad to have found this forum, and looking forward to advice from all of you who have been there and done that in a Georgie Boy!

Claudia and Elmer Smith

Top Top

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:02 am

Hello Draegon, I was helped by two people here on the forum now let me retrun the favor for you. Navigate your browser to:
[url]
http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnerManuals.aspx[/url]

There you need only put in your year (I put in 1992)

Then chose your model (I chose Encounter)

Good luck. Ms. Gillick and GB Suite helped me in the Repairs thread finding my 1976 GB Cruise Air can you believe that!

Top Top

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:37 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, CPRDude! I forgot to mention that I had found the owner's manual - just not the chassis manual. I posted a copy online at scribd for others in need. There was supposedly a video at one point also. I have started a binder with all the individual pieces I have located, so if we ever sell it the new owner's won't have this issue.

If a chassis manual is not available any longer, can anyone tell me the storage capacity of the tanks? Gas as well as water (drinking/grey/black)?

Thanks again.

Claudia

Attachments:
GBkitscaled.JPG
GBkitscaled.JPG [ 139.58 KiB | Viewed 5496 times ]
GBDSscaled.JPG
GBDSscaled.JPG [ 178.99 KiB | Viewed 5496 times ]

Top Top

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Hey Claudia ..... welcome to the forum! What type chassis is your unit on? Standard water tanks ( fresh and foul ) are often 32 or 40 U.S. gal. Chances are it's stamped on the tanks if you can see em. Looks like a nice clean rig.

Gotta love this time of year ... we just got back from 5 days at a State Park about 70 miles from home. There were only two other campers in the whole park for the first three days. Hope y'all get to get out and enjoy soon.

John & Jackie

Top Top

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 am

John & Jackie, thanks for the reply! I can see most of the water tank, it's under the bed. I will check to see if the capacity is stamped there!

Our 1992/93 Encounter is on a Chevy chassis. You wouldn't happen to know where we might find a turn signal, passenger side, would you?

Glad to hear of someone who is out enjoying camping. I think we will leave around the beginning of October, then will boondock in southern California for the winter.

Claudia & Elmer

Top Top

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Is it on a P30 chassis? If it is I have an early Christmas present for you.

As far as the brake light I have been searching for a third brake light for my 99. Parts houses aren't much help unless you know what model vehicle they used.

Joe

Top Top

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:04 am

Joe, yes it is on a P30 chassis. I love Christmas LOL. I'm going to post a picture of it, too.

Thanks!

Claudia

Attachments:
passenger turn signal.JPG
passenger turn signal.JPG [ 59.04 KiB | Viewed 5472 times ]

Top Top

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:22 am

Claudia I sent you a PM.

Top Top

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:06 am

I have a question also, just got a 96 Georgie Boy. On first trip out the heat coming from the motor burnt my foot that was on the gas petal. is this normal? What can I do to stop this?

Top Top

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:01 am

Bagman, I'm just a newbie so not the best person to answer this question, but will pass on my thoughts for what they're worth.

Are the latches on the doghouse shut tight? Do you have thick carpet on the floor and on the doghouse? The only time I've ever had that problem was in our old rig - there was a place where there was a gap between my foot and the padding.

Claudia

Top Top
 [ 13 posts ]