Login |  Register

[ 3 posts ] 

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Probably the first time I've joined an "automotive" board that wasn't Jeep related...

My wife and I are the new owners of a 1978 Georgie Boy Travelon built on a Dodge M500 chassis with the RB440 engine (and probably the A727 transmission...)

The idea of eventually converting it to a Diesel comes readily to mind (probably a Cummins out of a later Dodge pickup, with a 48RE transmission,) but we figure that $2000 for this thing was a screaming deal - the original owner was an aircraft mechanic, and all of his logbooks were included!

I'm no stranger to mechanical work (been doing it in some form or another since I was six or so,) so I don't expect trouble with the chassis or powertrain. However, I'd like to find manuals for the motorhome body and systems - all I have are the owner's manuals for everything, and that makes this the first vehicle I haven't been able to locate service manuals for.

Yet.

Does anyone know if Georgie Boy Manufacturing is still a going concern, and if they do reprints of their old service manuals? I can find manuals for the M500 chassis - so that's not a problem, I just haven't picked one up yet. But, that's only half of the issue, and we plan to do some customisation before too much longer. I find it easier to /read/ the service manual than to /write/ it.

Help, please!

JDK & JAK
San Jose, CA

Top Top

Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:03 am

This is where I got my owner's manual for our coach.

http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnerManuals.aspx

It took a great deal of searching the internet to find the chassis manual. Mine is a 99 so was a bit easier than a 78 will be - maybe.

Top Top

Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:52 am

Joe & the Boss wrote:
This is where I got my owner's manual for our coach.

http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnerManuals.aspx

It took a great deal of searching the internet to find the chassis manual. Mine is a 99 so was a bit easier than a 78 will be - maybe.

Thank you - but I already have the owner's manual. It's the /service/ manual I'm trying to find now.

I've located reprints for the 1978 Dodge M500 chassis & powertrain, that's not a problem. I'm just casting about for a better price. It's the service manual for the coach that I expect to vex me...

Top Top
 [ 3 posts ]