Login |  Register

[ 3 posts ] 

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi all! My name is Jerry Martin, my wife and we are planning on leaving Post Falls Idaho or about 6 weeks come May and go south the San Diego then to the east coast and work our way back. When I joined the GB club last year we had just bought a 1994/95 32' Cruse Master with Ford 460ci with 39500 miles on it for $10M and we love it. We have only taken it out on two short 200 to300 mile trips because shortly after we got it, winter set in. I have a couple of questions for all of you more experienced RV’ers. I only drive about 60mph so what can I expect in mpg while towing an 1800lbs Fiat? What is the gas tank capacity of my unit? Is regular gas okay? And anything else you want to advise us on. Thanks and God Bless, Jerry. PS. Is it okay to leave my e-mail address with in a post?

Top Top

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:37 pm

If you go to http://coachmenrv.com/OwnerManuals.aspx and enter your year you will find the owners manual. Remember the year is for the completed coach. You mentioned 94/95. I suspect the chassis is a 94 and the coach was completed in 95 so that is the year you will look for.

As far as gas mileage, I have a Chevy 454 in mine so can't compare apples and apples. I, shockingly, got 9.75 MPG out and back to the Grand Canyon last summer. That was pulling a 2600 lb toad. I also drive 60 to 65 MPH. I use regular gas. In the mountains the regular was 85.5 octane and I had no trouble with it at all. As far as capacity I would just about bet it will be 75 gallons. There were a few 60 gal coaches and fewer 100 gallon coaches but the majority was 75. You might call Coachmen RV Service (800) 453-6064 and tell them you need to talk to someone about GB - they can be a huge help.

As far as your Email address on the forum I wouldn't do it. Send a PM to the individual and give it to that person. Then a spammer doesn't get it.

My best advise is enjoy your trip, make your days short and expect things to break (it isn't if; it is when) but in the end it is still a great time. I retired, bought a motorhome and haven't looked back.

Top Top

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Hey Jerry,
Sounds like you're in for a great trip. We just got back from a month in Florida and wish it could have been two. I agree with all that Joe & ( or ) the Boss passed along.
Gas mileage can be a painful topic, and I'm impressed with 9.5! We towed our CRV for the first time this trip, and although I didn't check it precisely, I don't think the toad made much difference.
Regular gas will be just fine, and things are prettier at 60 mph anyway... take your time, and worry about the gas mileage when you get the bill after you're back home.

Top Top
 [ 3 posts ]