Login |  Register

[ 2 posts ] 

Wed May 08, 2013 11:43 am

On the posts on lighting, Hosersmom made a comment concerning the dump system and not liking it. That reminded me how much I hated ours before I made a minor change that really made it easier to use. We have a 2004 on the F53 chassis and when we got it there was a hose director and I think storage piece screwed to the bottom of the coach under the outlet. I found this hard to use and a waste of hose length depending on the sewer location in the ground.
Here is the change. I removed the plastic piece that was under the coach and tossed into recycle bin. Purchased an 8" white screw-in deck plate assembly from our local marine supply (about $25.00). I located the mounting hole location so I could bring the Rhino flex up from under the coach and bend it a little of 90 degrees and snap it on. The new hole did not include all of the old hole, so I glued some stiff plastic sheeting in place before mounting the new piece so the opening is sealed while traveling. It took about half a day to do, but was well worth it because now hookup and flushing are real easy. This is a picture of the piece. http://www.go2marine.com/docs/2/7/0/0/27005F-t.jpg

Marc

Top Top

Mon May 13, 2013 3:58 pm

thanks Marc, I will show your post to the hubby; we are newly retired, so this may be a project that he will feel is worthy to undertake!

Top Top
 [ 2 posts ]