Login |  Register

[ 10 posts ] 

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Our 32' 1995 Pursuit had blue carpet that looked like someone had sprayed bleach in spots all over the coach. The carpet was faded in some places and water damaged in others. Bottom line, it had to go! We tore all of it out including the cockpit area. The RV service places wanted $6000 :shock: to replace the floor with Allure flooring by Trafficmaster. It looks like wood planks but is actually what I would call a variety of vinyl. I decided that I was going to attempt to redo the floor myself. My husband vowed to stay out of the project so that he couldn't be blamed if it didn't turn out right. :lol: I started under the dinette area being sure to stagger the planks. There is no gluing as each plank is self stick to the next plank. I did not take the carpet out under the bed or under the sofa. I even did the bathroom floor. For the areas that had a step up, I used Rhino Tape which I found at Home Depot in the same aisle as the flooring. It is a double sided adhesive that worked amazingly for the piece that is on the front of the step facing you. I did remove the toilet, the driver and passenger seats as well as the chair behind the passenger. The flooring was extremely easy to work with. I only used a straight edge, tape measure, pencil and box cutter. For the bizzare cuts like around molding in the doorways I used the wax paper sheets that separate the flooring in the box as a template. I have to say, the floor looks incredible! :D It has really lightened up the look of the inside and will be so much easier to keep clean with two kids and a lab running in and out of it. Not to mention, I did the whole project for $250! ;)

Tracy

Top Top

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:04 am

Just wan to commend you on your tenacity Tracy. My wife also applauds you. Our 34 ft 94 Georgie boy Swinger has a "Parkai" floor in the galley and is in good shape I just installed a rear camera and monitor in ours. I removed all antennas from the roof and mounted them on the sides. The only roof antenna now is the XM radio antenna. While I was at it, I moved the outside mirrors forward about 10 inches. The way they were originally, the drivers side window divider was right in the middle of the mirror. Very annoying to drive leaning forward and back to see traffic. Many other modification made to our RV, Too many to list. Good luck with yours. Enjoy.......Bob Best Oneco Ct. USA

Top Top

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:59 am

"Good Job Tracy",
I thought about doing the same to our Pursuit. But ..... well I didn't have the "Time" or the "want to" bad enough to try it at the time. I will say that I was working at night then and didn't have the energy to do much of anything. ;) I did however re-tile the Bathroom and the Gallie area. I enjoyed doing that. Looks good too. Now that I have retired, I have decided to attempt it again. Sounds like you really enjoyed the opertunity to say "I did this without any help". :D

Top Top

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:34 pm

I know this post is a bit old but do you have any pictures of the finished project? I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my Pursuit

Top Top

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:18 am

Yeah pictures would be cool especially before and after. It might help those of us who value being lazy:)

Top Top

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:20 pm

You can put images in your post with the Img button above....would love to see that flooring!

Robbie

Top Top

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:23 pm

You can put images in your post with the Img button above....would love to see that flooring!

Robbie

Top Top

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:02 pm

I envy you Tracy , for doing the flooring .
I had a 1970 Airstream travel trailer , when I was single and a lot younger , took everything out , put in new beds and window treatments , made the curtains , added new plumbing fixtures , the whole thing was redone .

Been married for the secound time , 4 years now .
We traded it for the !997 Pursuit .
The carpet had faded out spots on it like you said yours did , the previous owners
had a cat , he must have used the corners instead of the litter box . :roll:
We have had the Pursuit for little over a year now , slowly getting it fixed, in between
camping trips . :D

We are putting down vinal strips that look like wood , Tarkett flooring , made by Tafco.
You have to glue it down , it's kind of messy , but it should hold up well .
Would love to see photos of your flooring also .
Maybe I can post some of mine when it is finished.
carahsue

Top Top

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi , everybody :?:
We finished the flooring , it looks really good !!
It looks so good we decided to put some beadboard panneling on the walls , up
to the chair rail ( adding that also ) , because the wallpaper has damage from 14
years of use . Useing the prefinished kind , less trouble but expensive !! $42 a
sheet at Lowe's here.
Have not made any photo's yet , it looks too messy , with all the tools everywhere .
Make some when it looks neat :roll:
carahsue

Top Top

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:28 am

Must feel good to get it done.

Top Top
 [ 10 posts ]