Login |  Register

[ 1 post ] 

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:30 am

After clearing the roof of all antennas on our used 1994 Georgie boy, I remounted them on the sides. The CB antenna on the drivers side and the entertainment radio antenna on the passenger side. With the entertainment radio antenna mounted on the side parallel to the windshield post, I noticed that the antenna slapped against the side of the motor home at highway speeds. Using 2 rubber "O" rings and a cable clamp, I prevented the antenna from whipping against the body without compromising the electrical integrity of the antenna rod. The large (1 1/2 ) inch diameter "O" ring clamped with the small cable clamp, held the "O" ring out horizontal keeping the antenna rod from coming in contact with the body. The antenna side of the large "O" ring was secured to the antenna rod by a 1/2 inch "O" ring folded over the larger one and slipped down over the rod. Now the antenna can whip all it wants to without slapping against the body. Now the only thing mounted on the roof is a 1 inch high by 3 inch diameter satellite antenna for XM radio. I took self explanatory pictures of the mod but don't know how to provide them on this forum. If anyone wants the pics, please respond to this post. ...........Bob Best

Top Top
 [ 1 post ]