Login |  Register

[ 9 posts ] 

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:52 am

As you know we have a old unit without a TV. I see a lot of the new ones have them automatically is this a good thing?

Top Top

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:33 pm

It all boils down to personal preference ... most things are. Some folks live in front of the tube at home and probably can't travel without it. Others may travel to get away from tv's and other such distractions. Personally, I can't function without a good dose of news everyday, so we do have a tv and of course the good ol' laptop. Our daughter's Father-in-law bought a new huge unit last year to haul the whole family .... it sleeps eight plus. There are six tvs!! Two in the front of the coach, one in the bedroom, two in the bunkbeds and one outside.

Top Top

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:59 am

Yeah I hear you. I check the news (drudgereport)on my phone every chance I get. When my wife and I first started in business we had no time to to watch tv at home so when we went up to camp in our tent we ran a cord into the tent to watch Walker Texas Ranger:) Good times. It was literally a treat to watch then.

Top Top

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Got to have a tv for the news and when the better half goes shopping

Top Top

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:26 pm

My 2005 GB has one up front and one in the bedroom, I went to Home Depot and bought a lazy Susan, some dawer slides and with some scrap metal made a rack for one to go in the basement. With the added DVD player and Red Box we watch movies setting around the campfire. I put one of my Direct TV recevers in Georgie and watch Football while tail gateing. We will be going to the Bartlett, TN Christmas Parade and will watch football next weekend, eat and swap tall tells, everything but watch the parade. This weekend we are going on a train ride out of Nashville, TN and afterward watch the Ark,LSU game with my grown kids. I like haveing the TV and other electronics on board.

Jerry

Top Top

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:43 am

So, many of the coaches have the old style large box TVs. Now days, you can't get those - everything is flat panel. Has anyone come up with a creative approach to replacing a TV in the front of the coach? (Mine is in the corner and takes up lots of space.)

Looking for ideas.

Top Top

Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:00 pm

We couldn't travel without our tv. We have a Winegard portable satellite dish which finds and locks onto 3 satellites so we can receive Dish Network Hi-Def programs. We call Dish and give them the zip code where we are located and in a couple minutes we have local programming so we can keep abreast of local weather and the news.

I built in a 32" flat screen 1080P Hi-Def TV. When I wired it I installed a HDMI cable so we can watch our laptop screen on our TV. It's great for slide shows of our pictures. I also attached an antenna I made which picks up local tv stations if I don't want to set out the satellite dish.

We love the outdoors and nature but also watch sports and movies and if you're going to watch it you might as well have a lot of channels and Hi-Def.

It wasn't cheap, but considering it is the main source of entertainment, it was worth it. We're retired and feel we earned it.

Top Top

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:31 pm

I took the old style tv out of the front and replaced it with a 32 inch flat screen. I put 3/4 inch plywood on the back of the removable frame and put a holder that you can get at any tv place. I got mine off ebay for 1/3 the cost. before I put the tv on I put the framing back up then attached the new tv. Have not had any trouble traveling.

Top Top

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:37 pm

robbiedeleur wrote:
So, many of the coaches have the old style large box TVs. Now days, you can't get those - everything is flat panel. Has anyone come up with a creative approach to replacing a TV in the front of the coach? (Mine is in the corner and takes up lots of space.)

Looking for ideas.

We took out the old box tv and had a guy at Best Buy remodel the hole. He put a big thick board, threaded all the wires thru holes in the side and front so we can use either the antenna or cable and installed a wall-mount tv slider holder to hang up our 42" flat screen. He also put charcoal outdoor carpeting over the wood and it looks really sharp when we take the tv down. We store it on the bed while driving. Just threw out the tiny tv that was in the bedroom unit and I use it to store jewelry and other junk! We have a 2000 Cruise Master. Can't live w/o the tv for sure! some day we will invest in hooking up the satellite

Top Top
 [ 9 posts ]