Login |  Register

[ 4 posts ] 

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Hello all! Okay, I have another question. Sorry, I have the owners manual for my 97 Cruise Air, but it doesn't give me the info that I need. I'm trying to add a bleach/water solution to my fresh water tank, but the only "access" that I have found is the "city water" connection on the water control panel, and it does not allow gravity flow water into the holding tank to add my cleanser. Does anybody know of a valve that allows me to pour the mix directly into the water tank? Thanks!

Larry Stone
Cleburne, Texas

Top Top

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi Larry - Pour a cup of bleach into your garden hose and hook it up to your city water connector. Make sure that the FRESH WATER FILL VALVE is fully open. Turn on the water supply to your garden hose and fill the tank. That should be sufficient to sanitize your tank. We usually start the MH up and run it backward and forward a few times to slosh the water around to all parts of the tank. Run water through each faucet in your unit for about a minute to remove any bad water from the lines. Drain the tank and refill it with fresh water. Drain it again, and it should be ready to use. If you notice a strong chlorine taste or odor, add a little backing soda solution to the tank.That basic procedure is probably in your manual somewhere ..... it's worked fine for us every year.

Top Top

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:50 am

John, thanks so very much for the common sense reply. That will take care of that issue! Now if you know of a simple way to overhaul a Generac carburator, I'm all ears! Thanks again!

Larry Stone
Texas!

Top Top

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Glad to help when I can ...... unfortunately, I've never been able to use the word " simple " in any sentence pertaining to our generator ..... there are other words that are frequently heard however.

Top Top
 [ 4 posts ]