Login |  Register

[ 8 posts ] 

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:24 pm

We have a 2003 Georgie Boy Pursuit 3205 and we need to know where the main control is for the living room slide. We only have 1 slide and we have looked for the control and can't seem to locate it anywhere in thecoach. We have checked all the doors and batteries. They are good. The slide was working a couple of weeks ago and now has suddenly stopped. If anyonecan give me an answer I would appreciate it.

Top Top

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:21 am

Hopefully you have solved the problem by now--if not: We have a 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit with 2 slides and have owned it since new. I can relate to your problem because we have had this same problem on 2 different occasions. Pulled into a campsite one night a few years back and the living room slide would not open - no sound at all - nothing! Just wouldn't open. Back on the road the next day and when we parked again for the day pushed the button for the slide and it worked absolutely fine! Go figure. Recently we had the same thing happen with the bedroom slide. Stopped for the day - pushed the slide button and no noise of any kind - it seemed like there was no power going to the button at all - same as the previous time. After sitting for a couple of hours in which I tried several more times, lo and behold, when I tested it again it opened right up - no hesitation at all! Have no idea what is causing this but it does seem to correct itself after sitting. Daren't take it in to have it checked as I'm sure it would cost a ton of money and they still might not find the problem....don't have much luck with the one and only warrantly repair service in our area - Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Top Top

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:35 am

Check your fuses for the 12 volts DC going to the motors. These fuses can heat up and become degraded causing more current drop across the fuse and limiting the voltage going to the motor. If in doubt replace the fuse. If it persist I would reseat all connections, i.e. reseat the fuse, the connectors on the switch, etc. If it still persists I would check the voltage at the input and output of the switch since these switches are not sealed and dust / debris / corrosion can form on the contacts. A quick check of the switch when the unit fails is to pull the wires and touch the proper ones together bypassing the switch. "WARNING" Only do this if you know what you are doing or you can hurt / kill yourself or damage your rig!

Top Top

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:17 am

PaintingLife wrote:
Check your fuses for the 12 volts DC going to the motors. These fuses can heat up and become degraded causing more current drop across the fuse and limiting the voltage going to the motor. If in doubt replace the fuse. If it persist I would reseat all connections, i.e. reseat the fuse, the connectors on the switch, etc. If it still persists I would check the voltage at the input and output of the switch since these switches are not sealed and dust / debris / corrosion can form on the contacts. A quick check of the switch when the unit fails is to pull the wires and touch the proper ones together bypassing the switch. "WARNING" Only do this if you know what you are doing or you can hurt / kill yourself or damage your rig!

Look on the floor under the drawers for control boxes. GBC likes to hide stuff.

Top Top

Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:06 pm

I have had similar problems with my 2004 Landau but generally if you hold the switch in long enough the slide will work. The problem I found is that the slide sometimes is very erratic when it does work. It starts and stops quite a bit. The control modules for my slides are under the bottom left drawer next to the furnace in the kitchen. The owners manual has a complete wiring diagram for the slide outs but not the control modules. I suspect that they are all passive components but I am going to open them up and see. If anyone has a solution for the erratic operation I would be much appreciative.

I did post a link to download manuals in a different section but here it is again in case someone would like to have a copy.

http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnerManuals.aspx

Top Top

Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:30 am

Hi every one.
I have a 2004 Landau I had the same problem.
Would park slide may or may not open or close.
My module is in the electrical compartment behind the back wheel driverside.
I replace the module but did not solve the problem.
The problem was the ground wire in the same compartment.
I fixed that and never had a problem since.
All I do now is break pins.
So now I change the pin every spring.
Hope it helps someone.

Dagger

Top Top

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:31 pm

The problem with the slides working and then not working is most likely with the switches. I had the same problem with all three slides, after replacing all the switches I have not had a problem in two years. They are easy to remove and can be checked with an ohm meter.

Top Top
 [ 8 posts ]