Login |  Register

[ 5 posts ] 

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:45 pm

My 1994 Swinger does not switch between the floor and dash. The buttons do not seem to access the flapper that control the direction.

Any idea of what to look for?

Top Top

Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:36 pm

MIair - Not sure about the Swinger, but on our Suite the air controls are vacuum activated. Chances are you've got a leaky hose in there. If you can find it a little electrical tape will fix it. Possibilty two - bad switch.
Hope you've got a warm spot to tinker in.

Top Top

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:50 am

I agree the vacuum hose has a leak. Lowest bidder vaccum hose laying near a hot engine for 18 years don't mix. If they are the original hoses you lucked out. The tape will work in a pinch.

Any auto supply place will have it. Buy about 10 feet and replace it all for under $20. Just start at one end and switch to the new stuff and replace as you go.

Top Top

Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:23 pm

Hello All
I have a 1995 Swinger and the vacuum to climate controls is nonexistant. I hope to get help chasing down the leak but i am not sure of the configuration of components in the system. Is the source of the vacuum at the AC condensor? Does it then go to a resovoir?
thanks in advance.

Top Top

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:00 am

I am going to make a no help statement, then explain it.

I have no clue about where it begins.

I have always started at the back side of the switch , work into the engine compartment then all the way to the vacuum thingy. They normally start somewhere around the throttle body. but may T several times. It could be as simple as it having come loose somewhere. More likely it has become brittle somewhere. When I have one get brittle I "Band-Aid" it until I reach a parts house and by enough to replace it all. It is pretty inexpensive. You can buy a vacuum tester but just putting your finger over the tubing will let you know.

It isn't nearly as bad as electrical gremlins.

Top Top
 [ 5 posts ]